Saturday, May 31, 2014

Oops....

Wow. It's been 6 months since I was last updating.. I'm so bad at this. Anyways. Today's blog will be an update on life, how everyone is, and why I haven't posted. Probably immediately following this post I will post the review for the Ben's Mom's saddle soap and as well as a review for the Passier Lederbalsam that was promised SIX MONTHS AGO.

Anyways. After I left off, Eve and I kind of had a bad couple of months ride wise. I felt like she was being disrespectful more often, which although it was my fault for being so passive, it was frustrating and affecting our rides. So I gave her a solid 2-3 weeks off so she could get herself together as well as myself. We start riding again and things are getting better, then I talked to the BO who had a chiropractor out, and apparently Eve has been out in a lot of places and we think it's due to saddle fit despite my cushy mattes pad and cushy regular pad under it. So that was reallllly disappointing. So for the past 4 months I have seldom got on her with the exception of bareback. We're going to have a saddle fitter out soon I think, but I remember Di (BO) saying it'd probably be around 250-300 for consultation + whatever needs to be done, minus if I need to invest in a new pad such as an ogivly (sp?). So yeah. Money money money.

Speaking of money - why I haven't been updating even recently: I wrecked my car. Well. I actually hit a deer (sorry Bambi) but it almost totaled my car by a hair. But 2 months and 1500$ later he's fixed. During those two months I was not able to go up to the barn due to virtually no transportation. So that's why I haven't been updating. And literally all my money went to that which is why no saddle fitter yet! Yay for parents teaching responsibility and making me pay my way for what I want to do!!!! - not.

From the updates I've gotten from Di everyone is well and fat - we're working on a Jenny Craig program at the moment. ;)

Fake it til you make it!
Lauren and Evy

No comments:

Post a Comment